Don't be caught off guard
Water leaks, gas leaks and other faults always occur at the most inconvinet time. Don’t get caught off gaurd when this happens to you and be prepared by knowing what to do first. How you react within the first 5 minuets can save damage to your house, equipment and even your health if a gas leak is present.
We have complied a few tips to remember during an emergency situation for you to remember. If you have any questions, feel free to use the moment section below and we’ll get back to you with the best answer.
What do I do if I smell gas at my property?
- Turn off all gas and electrical appliances and extinguish all pilot lights.
- Extinguish all naked flames and lit cigarettes.
- Do not attempt to use a naked flame to test for a gas leak.
- Do not attempt to start your gas stove, light any matches or use any device or appliance that could produce a spark, including electrical and light switches or mobile phones.
- Open all windows and doors to ventilate the gas and prevent a build up of gas.
- If the gas smell is coming from a gas appliance such as your gas stove or gas heater, or from a pipe connecting your gas appliance to the gas meter, turn the control valve handle at the gas meter to the off (horizontal) position (see diagram below).
- Phone Serenity Plumbing and Gas to attend the site
We’re always here to answer your questions and provide a service to fix your concerns. If you are unable to find the answer to your question here, please use the contact from below and we will get back to you with our recomendation.
Why Does My Drain Get Clogged?
From foreign objects that have accidentally been dropped down the drain to a heavy build-up of hair, grease and other gunk, there are many reasons why your household can be experiencing blocked drains which can cause horrible odours. Understanding exactly how each issue is caused can be an opportunity to better guard against it. When the drain cleaner just won’t cut it, we’re here to help!
How Can I Prevent Leaking Pipes?
To prevent leaking pipes in your home, there are several things you can do. If the water pressure in your popes exceeds 60 psi for an extended period of time, this can cause water hammers. This causes the pipes to shift under pressure creating a loud knocking sound and lead to a water leak. We can assist in diagnosing and prevent this issue for you.
How Can I Tell If My Toilet Needs to Be Replaced?
There are times when hairline cracks develop in the tank or bowl of a toilet. These small cracks can turn into a flood of water at the worst possible time. Porcelain cracks can also be the source of an active leak. Inspect your tank and bowl for any cracks occasionally when you clean the toilet. If you spot a crack, it is always a good idea to replace the toilet before it breaks completely.
My Drains Are Gurgling and Not Draining. What Would Cause This?
Gurgling drains are usually caused by obstructions in the venting system. The gurgling sound is caused by air being forced through water in your drain trap. It’s like pouring milk too quickly (glug, glug glug). While the gurgling sound often comes from the shower/tub, it can also come from your vanity sink or toilet.